Help with auto-cancelled booking no refund

Alex9620
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Help with auto-cancelled booking no refund

Hi all

I was hoping to get help with a booking and wondered if anyone has had the same experience as me.

I booked accommodation through Airbnb with cottages.com. Made the first payment successfully but then the second payment failed. I wasn’t aware of the failed payment at all, no notification from Airbnb.

It wasn’t until this Wednesday where I got an email letting me know the booking was cancelled and I wouldn’t get a refund.

3 Replies 3
Alex9620
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Part of my message cut off!

Airbnb told me the money would go to cottages.com who has the Airbnb profile on the day I was meant to check in (I don’t know why).

However until cotttages.com get the money they can’t refund me and haven’t confirmed if they would do anyway.

Any help appreciated! The only thing I can think of is to get both parties on the phone at the same time

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why didn't the second payment go through @Alex9620 ?

You won't get Airbnb on the phone with the host.

What did the host say when you spoke to them - are they willing to honour the booking if you pay the balance.

Unfortunately it seems you don't recollect the T&C you booked under for split payments which says the booking will be cancelled if your second payment hasn't gone through.

I have never paid by split payment so don't know if they notify if payment hasn't gone through.

Anne11447
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

never heard about cottages.com

That was a sad solution