Host Account Suspended but Reservations Still Active?

Host Account Suspended but Reservations Still Active?

Without getting into too much detail, my account was recently suspended on very vague grounds for "Violating Airbnb's Terms of Services". When this occurred, I was actively hosting a reservation and had several more scheduled over the next few months. That reservation ended fine but the upcoming reservations are still listed as active and I have no way to access the account to manage them. I called and emailed Airbnb support to notify them and all they said was that they would look into it. My appeal to remove the suspension was also denied. It's been several days now and I'm still receiving email updates about the reservations, despite being unable to log into my account or view them in any way. One of the upcoming guests called me because I hadn't responded and I told him my account was deactivated but he said he's still able to view the reservation and send me messages.

Has anyone experienced this before and dealt with it? I don't really care about getting my account back as I don't want to do business with Airbnb anymore but I'm very concerned people are going to keep showing up to my property expecting to stay there. According to Airbnb's website, suspended accounts will still have their reservations honored for two month's time after the suspension, which seems insane given I have no way to contact the guests or oversee the reservations? Does anyone know how to resolve this? I had to make a new account just to post this because my old one directs to a blank page when I try to log in.

Th

3 Replies 3
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Asia673 

This is happening to often, sorry I dont have the answer.

Judging by your username you are in Asia? somewhere,

I do wish one day Airbnb will enter into some kind of dialogue with the host it just seems host get shut down without any communication, to me than doesn't help anyone,

As in your case I have never seen that happen,

I always thought if you got shut down they cancelled all the reservations, in this case maybe airbnb are trying to find alternative listings for them so they dont lose money, 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yet another example of a host who has had their listing suspended without notification and without reason @Sybe 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Asia673 

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

I've passed the details of this over to Airbnb Support - hopefully you'll hear from someone soon.

Thanks

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines