Host Feedback - What type of shampoo/conditioner/body wash do you provide? Single use or big bottles?

Answered!

Host Feedback - What type of shampoo/conditioner/body wash do you provide? Single use or big bottles?

Hello hosts!

I would like to get some recommendations from all of you who have been hosting!  What type of shampoo/conditioner/body wash (or bar soap?) do you provide to your guests?  Single use or big bottles?  Where do you buy them?  Any reason for which ones you use?

Thanks in advance!

Yiwei

1 Best Answer
Andrew1958
Level 2
Homestead, FL

We also use the big bottles and wipe down each time we clean the shower.  We provide a bottle of bodywash and a bottle of shampoo/conditioner 2 in 1 product.   Handsoap at the sinks are refillable pumps. We purchase the product at places like Dollar Tree or Dollar General.   So far no complaints and the products are used on a regular basis.   We also have stashed on the closet a single use set of toothbrush/toothpaste in case they are needed.   I do not make them readily accessible, only provided it the guest asks.   We have also started only leaving one to two extra  rolls of TP in the bathrooms as we’ve actually had guests help them selves to a roll or two when they leave.....before all the COVID stuff!!   

View Best Answer in original post

35 Replies 35
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Yiwei3 

If you have deep pockets and a secure lockup for you supplies then go for single serving, otherwise just leave a bottle of shampoo and a pump bottle for liquid soap.

A good number of people bring their own favored supplies, for dry hair, greasy hair, dandruff etc. 

@Cormac0 I've noticed that if the ones left out aren't really good brands, they won't use.  If it's name brands they will use.  

@Yiwei3  Transfer economical products into name brand containers to accomodate these oh-so-special brand-conscious guests. They'll never know the difference 🙂

Or if they won't stoop to using anything less than salon-priced shampoo and soap, let them continue to not use yours and go buy their own.

Haha didn't think about that!

@Sarah977 ,  Sounds like a bar I hung out in my youth whos owner would refill the black label Jack Daniels with green label.  Blasphemy!  But only cause I was ingesting it not pouring it on my head!  JR 

Andrew1958
Level 2
Homestead, FL

We also use the big bottles and wipe down each time we clean the shower.  We provide a bottle of bodywash and a bottle of shampoo/conditioner 2 in 1 product.   Handsoap at the sinks are refillable pumps. We purchase the product at places like Dollar Tree or Dollar General.   So far no complaints and the products are used on a regular basis.   We also have stashed on the closet a single use set of toothbrush/toothpaste in case they are needed.   I do not make them readily accessible, only provided it the guest asks.   We have also started only leaving one to two extra  rolls of TP in the bathrooms as we’ve actually had guests help them selves to a roll or two when they leave.....before all the COVID stuff!!