Host with Reviews but Listing has No Reviews

Answered!

Host with Reviews but Listing has No Reviews

Hello! I'm looking for an AirBnB in Rome and came across a candidate to add to my wish list but it has no reviews attached to it. That's totally fine - I looked at the Host's profile and they have 100+ reviews and an average rating of 4.1 but no other listings other than the one with no reviews. How is that possible? Is this a normal thing or something to stay away from? Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Melissa2490 It is a normal thing for unscrupulous hosts. When their reviews get so bad for a particular listing then they de-list it and start a new listing for the same place. Unless a guest is smart enough to spot this they assume its a brand new listing. I would read all the reviews of the host and see if they could actually apply to the listing you are considering.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Melissa2490 It is a normal thing for unscrupulous hosts. When their reviews get so bad for a particular listing then they de-list it and start a new listing for the same place. Unless a guest is smart enough to spot this they assume its a brand new listing. I would read all the reviews of the host and see if they could actually apply to the listing you are considering.

Thanks so much!! Greatly appreciate it!!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do not book with a host that has an average 4.1 rating for other listings. Airbnb considers anything under 4.6 as poor. @Melissa2490