Host won't return left item

Brandi215
Level 1
Cloverdale, OR

Host won't return left item

My daughter rented a home to spend a week with her best friend who had been deployed overseas.  There a few minor issues with the home but she left a 5 star review. The host filed a claim for false damages, requesting payment for my families visit to the home for a barbeque (rented for 3 guests but 5 extra were there mainly outside for 2 hours) and for her friends service dog.  Air bnb support rejected the claim after receiving clarification from my daughter and the host not being able to substantiate alleged damages.  My daughter's friend realized during her travel that she left her ipad.  It has pinged at the house and was turned on and pinged again at the house.  The host is denying the ipad is there, although they have been sent the screen shot of the location.  This is out in the country with no neighbors for miles.  This is an expensive ipad pro that is fairly new.  What are my options? Do I file a police report if they refuse to cooperate?  I will gladly meet them in a public space to pick the ipad up, I live just an hour away. 

0 Replies 0