Hosting

Claire1841
Level 2
The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom

Hosting

I am seeking legal advice .

1) I am a host and a client left a negative review  whilst I disagree its the clients right to do so thats OK  within the services offered !

2) What I am disputing is within the review the clients reviews publicly my personal  private space outside of the contract  of her stay and areas private not in scope, (irrelevant review ) 

Air B and B refuse to remove this  section of the review .

Any comments before I go legal 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Claire1841 my non-legal advice is to forget it and move on. The guest has a view and is entitled to share it. Also if you are providing breakfast I feel the state of the kitchen is relevant to your guests (and the local health inspector).

Claire1841
Level 2
The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom

Hello thanks for the response.

I feel that  guests should  not be allowed to  comment on irrelevant out of scope aspects of their stay eg the car in the garden was old .

We have no problem with guests reviews on the in scope services provided .

We are indeed approved for bed and breakfast  - Messy  has nothing to do with it anyway ..

Finally the  Kitchen thats reviewed is not  even aligned to providing  breakfast , we have approx 10 rooms not shared  they are all private  , so we feel that hosts and guests should be aware of their aspects of reviewing services  and private spaces. 

Claire 

Fabienne217
Level 4
Alpharetta, GA

Same thing is just happening to me right now. I had a guest who booked my place for 2 weeks after 49 hours staying in the apartment she reached out Airbnb regarding a smoke/chemical smell that was making her uncomfortable. She didn’t contact me, and as I said to Airbnb the only smell may be from the linens and the laundry detergents. Anyway, she asked for a full refund and plains to stay for the remaining 12 days for free. It is her request. 

I reached out Airbnb and stated she can be refunded for the couple days she stayed, but Airbnb has to find another place for her. She is a scammer. And I had another situation like this last year. The guy stayed a weekend. Left 1 star review and asked to be refunded via Cash App via Airbnb app. I has reported this guest, and Airbnb didn’t see any problems. 
I  have been hosting since 6 years, and I realize that Airbnb with the guests satisfaction pledge or a full refund brings some crooks. Personally, I am going to leave Airbnb platform because their full refund policy is on the hosts’ expense. They will deduct the claim from your next rentals which is completely unacceptable because the Airbnb fee is supposed to cover this issue.