Hot water heater quit

Tami223
Level 1
United States

Hot water heater quit

My guests arrived last night for a five night stay and woke up to no hot water this morning. May not be able to get it fixed immediately do to plumbing supply shortages. How do I compensate them? Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

15 % discount for every day, according to https://www.tabelle.info/frankfurter_tabelle.html

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Tami223 Hot water is an essential need. If you cannot get it fixed I would offer a full refund and suggest another place for them to stay in the area. I know this is not great because you will lose money but most people cannot live without hot water. If the guest complains to Airbnb I would imagine this would be their solution too. It may be better to be proactive.

Jorge
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Tami223   You have a lovely home that accommodates 6 and so far only 2 reviews which are quite positive.  Hot water heaters do not give warnings before they quit, unless you know you have an old heater that will break down in the near future.  Six people without hot water for more than a day is grounds for cancellation so it would be better guest relations for you to offer the 100% refund and let Air BNB help them find an alternative place.  You will lose money of course but you are too new to the business to have really bad reviews.  Good luck!!