House Rules agreement

Rhonda322
Level 2
Acworth, GA

House Rules agreement

The Airbnb listing sequence lists "Guest must agree to house rules before booking".      There is not a pre-designed place (that I have seen) that allows the guest to "check a box"  stating that they agree to the house rules.  My first scheduled message, which is sent out immediately after booking, lists the house rules (again) and asks them to respond if they agree.    Here is the question - What if they do not respond to the message to agree to house rules?   Am I able to nudge them by stating that the reservation could be cancelled?

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Rhonda322 

I assume you are referring to instant bookings?

As far as I am aware, there was a box that guests had to check to agree with house rules (doesn't mean they actually read them. We have all skimmed past T&Cs and just ticked the 'I agree' box). Not sure if that is still the case though as I stopped using IB a few months ago.

I insist that all guests confirm with me via the messaging system that they have read and agree to the full house rules before I accept their booking (I used to also do this as soon as they booked, if I used IB). I even have an 'Easter egg' question in there as I found that a lot would say they had read them when they actually had not. 

If it's an IB, you get 3 x penalty free cancellations per year if you think that a guest will break your house rules, throw a party or that you simply feel uncomfortable with them. After that, you have to request a penalty-free cancellation from Airbnb CS.

Thank you.  Yes, this is with IB.   So after it is "booked" I do send out the questions, which include 
"Do you agree to the House Rules?".      But my question is....they are already booked at that time (since it was IB) and then they are not responding to my questions - house rules, how many vehicles, how many adults, how many children, agree to no parties, etc.

Please let me know how you handles that.  Thank you!

Just by Instant Booking, the guests agree to your house rules. Asking them to agree again by replying to your message is redundant.