How Do You Deal with Underreported Guest Numbers in Bookings?

Susanne738
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

How Do You Deal with Underreported Guest Numbers in Bookings?

Hello everyone,

I’m Susanne, a host from Austria. Overall, I’m very happy with my bookings and guests.

However, I’ve noticed that some people book for fewer guests than actually show up. Has this ever happened to you? How do you handle it? Do you let it slide, or do you inform the guests that they need to update the booking to reflect the actual number of people? In my last case, I received a cancellation because the booking would have been more expensive with the correct number of guests.

Thanks in advance for your feedback—I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

All the best,

Susanne

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

For me I require all guests b e n amed but I do check ins,

In your case I would suggest you are having a high volume of unreported guests because the way your pricing is set up.  Your property is beautiful but the low 1 person pricing is generating high volume interest but from groups looking for discount pricing which then they lie to stay in their budget and figure you don't Checa in sol probably volt get caught.

The right market that would appreciate such an outstanding rental can be scared off that the low price and high demand may n ot be at the level they desire

You have a lot of great reviews.  Set a price for your average number of guests probably 4-6.  slow increases not dramatic for an additional guests say over 4 people..  Make sneaking som eone in less attractive than if she doesn't catch me I save a lot l of money make it instead do I want to hassle lying for a few hundred dollars.

Make yourself less attractive to the liers, you don't have a bargain  basement listing.