How To Review Guest Who Took all Snacks And Drinks

Patricia3334
Level 7
Tennessee, United States

How To Review Guest Who Took all Snacks And Drinks

I allow 1 night stays and I just had a guest (one night) take all the complimentary drinks from the fridge (between 6 to 8. I didn't count.) and all the snacks and fruit. They were all more than he could eat and drink in a night unless he was literally starving and had nothing else to eat and drink. I find it rude and tacky. That is not what they are there for. They are complimentary!

Can I refuse to host him again? Should I say something in the review?

I know this is not a big theft monetarily but I do not put out snacks and drinks for 1 guest to take all of them home. I spend a lot of money on coffee, a nice tea selection, International delight creamers, hot cocoa selection, a selection of snack bars and fresh fruit as well as sodas in the fridge and some guests leave drinks themselves. 

I do not want him back for fear he'll steal something more next time. Also, it's tacky and rude.  

I don't want to get a bad review from him but I want other hosts to know what to expect.

60 Replies 60
Anika13
Level 2
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago

I adjust my complimentary items based on the number of days booked.  The standard items I leave are two of everything.  Water, soft drink, tea, coffee, jam.  For those who check in late at night or very early in the morning, I leave an additional two instant oats or instant ramen and two snack bars.  Some guests take all and some open and use half of everything which I discard.  The cost is minimal as I buy in bulk.  I don't leave toiletries as the soaps are in permanent containers.  I do not leave fresh fruits and food.  They end up being wasted.