How do we feel safe about inviting people in?

Autumn4
Level 2
San José del Cabo, Mexico

How do we feel safe about inviting people in?

I think the cleaning protocol is a good thing to make guests feel safe to come back. I am looking forward to seeing it and hope I can follow it. So if we do everything right on our end, what can travelers do to reassure us that they are not bringing sickness into our clean spaces?

1 Reply 1

@Autumn4  I have to disagree with the attitude you're taking here.  Even if you do choose to inquire about your guests' health status (which I think is a terrible idea), it's not possible for them to have any certainty that they aren't potentially contagious asymptomatic carriers of the virus. And how on earth could anyone guarantee that they won't pick it up at some point in the days or weeks between booking and arriving?

If you're going to host during a pandemic, you have to treat every guest as though they might be infectious, and adapt your cleaning and distancing protocol accordingly (in-home hosting is out of the question, of course). If you don't feel that in your situation you're able to safely host someone with Coronavirus, then you should pause your listings until circumstances change.