How long does it take to get your first booking?

How long does it take to get your first booking?

Hi everyone,

I'm curious: how long does it take to get our first booking?

Thanks!

Content and title updated by OCM for relevance

89 Replies 89
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bernard1238 we got ours in a few days but we did launch in high season and applied the new stater discount of -30%

Thank you for the discount idea !

Kirsten266
Level 10
Heemskerk, Netherlands

@Bernard1238 

I’d got mine after 24 hours

it was high season in August and had a couple of bookings in the first days

Johanna652
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

Hello Bernand, we got ours 24 hours later. 

Geoff7
Level 2
Hepburn Springs, Australia

Took me about 2 weeks as I recall and I have never looked back since. I joined back in 2012.

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

We 'opened' about a week ago and immediately received 3 inquiries.. none of those turned into a booking, unfortunately. However, we're happy that we're being found right away and confident that a booking will soon follow 🙂 We're in a small town with not many things to 'draw' guests but you never know when someone will need a place to stay. I hope you get a booking soon !

Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Bernard1238 

Took me about 3 days if my memory doesn’t fail me 😂

Turning an inquiry into a booking involves several steps. Here are some general guidelines that I practice.

1. Respond promptly: When you receive an inquiry, respond to it as soon as possible. The faster you respond, the more likely the potential customer will book with you.

2. Answer their questions: Travelers ask questions for a reason and they want answers. So while you always want to build rapport and have a professional, friendly conversation, also try to be succinct and to point when answering their questions.

3. Follow up: If the potential guest doesn't book immediately, make sure to follow up with them in a few days to see if they have any further questions or if they are ready to book.

Happy hosting!

Chrys210
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi Bernard, I'm in NYC, so I guess it depends a bit on your location, but my first booking happened less than 24 hrs after listing. But, I also started with a lower price. 

Good luck with your listing!

Suldery0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Probably like 2 weeks .. 

Steef5
Level 2
Austin, TX

It can take longer as you won’t have any reviews yet. Setting your price nice and low for the first bit will speed things up and should get you a booking quite quickly. After getting some reviews you can increase the price again. 

(Don’t set the price low for dates far in the future, just the ones coming up shortly)

Christina56
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

The first time I listed, I had my first guess within 3 days.  I recently started hosting again after 5 year hiatus.  When I reposted, I got an immediate booking for the next day.

hi! I got my first booking on our lake home within 8 hours and in the less popular location in the small town, about a week 

Emilia545
Level 5
Bologna, Italy

@Bernard1238 Di solito dopo 24 ore