How long does it take to get your first booking?

How long does it take to get your first booking?

Hi everyone,

I'm curious: how long does it take to get our first booking?

Thanks!

Content and title updated by OCM for relevance

89 Replies 89

eu adoro o seu País já fui duas vezes assim m que puder voltarei

Glaucia36
Level 3
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

depende dos valores das diárias eu levei três dias

Elena487
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Hi @Bernard1238!

If the listing is not lacking of any important aspect (amenities, availability,…) and it’s well presented (photos, description) along with a reasonable price, less than one week I would say.

Danny700
Level 1
Anaheim, CA

Few hours. I announced my new business to Facebook for friends & family. Got my 1st booking from a closed friend. Got 5 next booking in 2 days then realized my price was too low 😆😆 it’s a good start, keep you excited. 
I’m 2 week olds of hosting. I got Nov & Dec around 60% booked. I have good location, 10 minutes to Disney Land, lot of traffic. 

Bagus13
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

about 4 days after I completed my airbnb listing. When your listing explains everything clearly, and you response quickly for the guest asking, and the guest feel comfortable with you. they will book faster 

Agape4
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Hi there,

It really depends on where and when you put up your listing.

I put up a listing a week before a giant Taylor Swift concert came to town, so I got my first booking the same day I put up the property! 

On the other hand, if you put up your booking in the middle of winter and it's in a not-so-desirable location, then it may take weeks to get a booking. 

Without knowing the where and when though, I'd guestimate you should expect to get a booking within the first week or two. If it's more than that, I would get worried...

Casa-Mallarenga-S-L-0
Level 2
Catalonia, Spain

Hello Bernard, business is very much last minute these days. I generally get bookings less than 1 week in advance. Do not be discouraged !

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Bernard1238 
The day after we published, we had our first 30-day reservation. Another week later, the next.
It never stopped. That was wintertime (December)
It's a flywheel that starts spinning. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun
Speedy replies are critical

Sabrina-And-John0
Level 4
Machynlleth, United Kingdom

Hi Bernard,

Welcome to the Community.

That's a good questions we started with Airbnb in 2014 and we had our first booking within about half an hour!! But maybe then there was less competition and Airbnb was a bit of novelty for guests. We have a very small cottage in the centre of a very small and very popular town.

Patricia's and others tips are great I would also add, make it clear in your listing title what and where you are. For example ours is -  Cute house in Machynlleth centre - that says it all.

Good luck and happy hosting.

I was impressed... Got it less then a week.  i am finding it so much better than VRBO

Interesting, i was gonna ck out VRBO. Airbnb customer service has declined so much. They are all outsourced and its not easy to have thing’s elevated to the proper hands. 

I do both VRBO and Airbnb - each can have glitches and problems so it's good insurance to have both. Saved me last year when the search engine was burying my listing for months and I couldn't get anyone to figure out why and fix it until this year. My VRBO listings bumped way up in the interim. 

Catherine2668
Level 10
Châtillon, France

Hello BERNARD, I see that it is in Greater India if you want to have reservation requests you must clearly describe what there is to visit, because tourists like to visit. As long as this is well described in the ad. How many kilometers is the train station or airport. How do we get to your place etc… how much extra do you charge to possibly show tourists around the country? write as best as possible and you will have the chance to rent quickly. Yours truly.

Dina-and-Scott0
Level 2
Rochester, NY

Its quick! With in the week id say. Just be prompt with replies and questions they may have. 

Courtney172
Level 5
Des Moines, IA

If in a busy season - no more than 2 days.  Off-season, 2 weeks. We just launched one 2 weeks ago and had a booking 8 days later. This is our slowest time.