How long does it take to get your first booking?

How long does it take to get your first booking?

Hi everyone,

I'm curious: how long does it take to get our first booking?

Thanks!

Content and title updated by OCM for relevance

89 Replies 89
Craig-and-Lynne0
Level 2
Hastings, New Zealand

I dont believe there is a standard answer to that question but I see a lot of responses are about starting off with a "discounted" price.

We started off how we meant to continue with what we thought was a fair price for an excellent offering.  It was on the upper end of the local offerings but it also reflected what we knew was our costs as well. eg Time , effort and provisions and costs.

Many early guests said we were priced  too low ... while airbnb wanted us to lower the price and use the pricing recommendations and adjustments..NO THANX.

Our place has a regular stream of discerning and lovely people and we have maintained a Super Host 5 star rating from the get go.

We have been running 3 years plus and only recently lifted our price a little...with no objections and no down turn in guests.

FWIW - our first booking was about a week after listing.  Timing, location , season etc play a part in this of course. 

It is a business you are running.

Yes, I had the same situation, my price was on par with other prices in my area when I started 18 months ago, but Airbnb recommended to lower it. Since then other prices in the area went up considerably but I only added extra 10% to mine and must say that I keep busy even in autumn while my village competition not so much. I also gained some private clients who come here regularly.  I think it helps that I keep superhost status since almost the beginning. I am listed with other platforms since September but didn’t have one booking yet. 

Anna14153
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hello,

As soon as  I got it up and running it took me half a day to my first booking . But I must point out that I launched it in the middle of our high tourist season !!
You can also help bookings by offering promotions , this will boost your property coming up first on the search engine ..

Good Luck 🍀

I received a reservation as soon as I listed it. Study the prices in the area a little and adjust the price to be convenient for the guest. Moreover, you can offer a promotion to the first guests. Good luck!

David10981
Level 3
Halifax, United Kingdom

Hi. For me it was within  2 days of listing. I had 3 bookings within 8 days. I did use Airbnb's newby 10% off to the first three bookings. Though with hindsight that may have been a mistake. My first booking was horrendous, my beautiful newly fitted out flat was treat like a doss house. Only two nights and the place was a mess and smelled discusting, my new bed/mattress was badly stained. (You must fit a really good waterproof mattress protector). The second two bookings were great. It is winter so bookings slow down.

Good luck Dave

Very sorry to hear that your new place was mistreated…thats awful. Now I have in my description that my apartment is for adults 25 and older and that should help a lot. Also, I make housekeeping mandatory…and it is included in the rent…that way, my housekeeper can not only clean along the way, but also report back to me if she sees something I should know…

Good evening, please note that you can request reimbursement of costs from unscrupulous tenants. Just go to his profile and ask him for money. Above all, take photos so that you can justify yourself and send them invoices for possible repairs. Here's what you need to do: Tap Inbox, then select a thread with the traveler. Tap the reservation in question to see the summary, then navigate to the Send or request money section. Tap Send Money, then tap Next. know that AirBnb is there to help you in case of problems. Kind regards,

Anna14038
Level 2
Krackow, Germany

It was within days but my profile went live beginning of April, which starts to get busy. If I advertised now in November it would be much longer because November - April is my low season. May I add that I also advertised first time with booking.com and VRBO from September this year and didn’t have one booking yet, so Airbnb is excellent for me.

Adela54
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

It varies as it depends on several factors such as season, price, location and such.

Hi Bernard,  I have been with Abnb for 9 month.   It took  about two weeks to get my first Booking, and it’s being non stop.   

Caio111
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

Hello Bernard, It was a long time ago and honestly I don´t remember but it didn´t take to long. The house I´m renting is the same as I anda family uses during summer and other occasions, because of that I do not have many locations, besides thar I´m located in an area that was very much affected by the huge storm we had in Brazil last summer and many houses and public places were literally destroyd wich also provoque a lees interesest to go to the area......

May I ask you the reason for this question ?

Cyan5
Level 2
Edgewood, NM

I believe it really depends on where your place is and why would someone want to book it.  My place is not in a high vacation area, but both of my bookings (first was just a room in my house, then the entire house) booked within days of listing.  Most of my guests stay because of working in the area or visiting family. 

Good luck!

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi Bernard!

I just started in Feb of this year & my first booking came with in weeks. I’m not consistently booked though it’s a work in progress with researching & networking. I’m always in process improvement mode with my listing as well.

The best of luck to you!

Bettye

Usually right away. If you don’t have booking and reviews you need to lower your pricing 

It did not take long. I think after I posted my house, it took 2 weeks to get my first guests.

I hope this helps!