How much info do I need to send guests?

How much info do I need to send guests?

Hi all!

My first guest is arriving tomorrow - I have sent him my address details etc.

However, I was wondering how much info the guests are given before arriving - are they told the precise address and my phone number, or do I have to tell each one individually?

Is there a standard Checking In procedure and/or a way of informing Air BnB that the guests have arrived, so that they know to send me the payment?

Hope someone can help!

Jane3203

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jane3203 We send specific driving instructions to each guest depending on where they are coming from as we can be hard to find. Crucially we also ask for an estimated arrival time so that we are not having to hang around waiting for the guest. We will also probably add a comment re coming into the garden if we don't answer the doorbell as the weather is now better and we can't hear the bell from the garden.

I didn't see anything re parking in your listing. It would also help if you mention where guests can/should park.

Airbnb will start to release payment the day after a guests booked check in so there is no need to tell anyone the guest has arrived.

Hope this helps

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jane3203 

The question is how often do you want to be fielding questions? I send as clear and precise directions as I can because I don't want to have to stop during my day to answer time-sensitive inquiries like "Is this the right door?"

Here is an example of what I send 4-6 days prior to arrival:

Hello XX,

Here is some important info for your arrival on XX:

The space will be guaranteed to you at the 3 pm check-in time. I am happy to send you a message if available any earlier.

GPS directions should lead you right to ADDRESS. If coming down X Street, at the first stop sign, the house is straight ahead on the left corner. It is a large, rectangular house, (tan with white trim) right on the intersection. At the front of the house take the short path to the right and you will see the apartment front door.

The private parking area is at the rear end of the house, which is accessible on X St. (Take a left at the first stop sign on X Street). The lot is on the right behind the white picket fence. Keep in mind that X St. is a one-way street so when pulling out of the driveway you will have to turn right.

The Airbnb front door has a keyless entry keypad. Your 4 digit code is XX (the last four digits of the cell phone # registered with Airbnb.) Simply punch in the code and the door will unlock. The door will also lock behind you when closed.

When you arrive I will likely be XXX. If you need any help finding the apartment or parking, please send me a message or call and I can run right over.

Safe travels,
Emilia
207-xxx-xxx

On the flip side, I am staying at an Airbnb this coming Sunday. I have received no check-in instructions from the host (yet) other than the address on the confirmation. Actually, there are two addresses that make it a little confusing. It is starting to give me anxitey. So there are guests out there, like myself, who want/need more information than just an address.  

Also, see here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-youll-get-your-payout

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Emilia42 

Hmm, well I wouldn't worry about not having received any directions yet.

We always send all that stuff the day before arrival. Otherwise, if we send it a week in advance, it's almost certain that it will get lost in the "noise" of their week, and they'll be begging for it the day before or the day of their arrival. 

If they ask for it earlier, I'm happy to give it to them. But that rarely happens.

So, if you're having anxiety, just ask for it. I'm sure it's not any burden. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jane3203  There is no check-in confirmation procedure. You get paid automatically. Payments used to be released 24 hrs after the check-in date, and appeared in hosts' bank accounts within a few days after that, but it's taking longer these days.

And new hosts have to wait up to 30 days to receive payment for their first booking. After that, payouts should come as normal.

You should spend some time reading through all the info for hosts on the Airbnb main site Help section so you understand how everything works. Also read through the Terms of Service.