Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

How to add holiday park map picture to 'after booking' information for guests

Answered!
Mark4761
Level 1
Brixham, United Kingdom

How to add holiday park map picture to 'after booking' information for guests

Hi, i am new to airbnb and as our listing is a caravan on a holiday park, is there a way to add a park map showing the location of our caravan for guests after they have booked and it has been confirmed. I ask as i have had my first booking and had to ask the guest for an email address to email the 'park map and 'park rules'. Also another site i list with, provides all details about the guests eg address etc. when i look though the booking i cant find any details about the guest, my assumption is that airbnb deal with any discrepancies so dont feel the need to share these details?

Thanks for looking.

Mark

Top Answer
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Mark4761 
Airbnb shows the telephone number of the guest. (very small print)
I always store that number and send them a map and other info via Whatsapp

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Mark4761 
Airbnb shows the telephone number of the guest. (very small print)
I always store that number and send them a map and other info via Whatsapp

Mark4761
Level 1
Brixham, United Kingdom

Thanks for the info @Bob297 , found it. 
I also had another question you may be able to help with. As mentioned, with the other site we use (caravans4hire) we get all the info. So I met my traveler to day and it was 2 guys (friends not a couple) I wrongly assumed from the booking that it was a couple, so never made the second bedroom up. Do you ask if they need the second bedroom. From airbnbs confirmation it just says 2 guests and just the lead guests name. 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Mark4761 

2 options

1) always make 2 beds if they are included in the rent

2) ask in advance

i write a standard note that if 2 persons book, I assume they will share the bed. I ask them to let me know if they wish otherwise 

If 3 or 4 persons book, 2 beds ( in my case 2 rooms) will be made  

Mark4761
Level 1
Brixham, United Kingdom

Thanks @Bob297  for your reply, I kind of came to same conclusion, guess I just wanted to hear it from someone else experienced. Thank you once again.