How to charge per room not no. Guests

Petrina-Noelle0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

How to charge per room not no. Guests

Please can I get advice on guest charges. I have 2 rooms but if they book as 2 people and want separate rooms it only charges for one room. I don't want to charge per person as the cost is the same if two people book the double and it works correctly if 3 guests book but I've had a few bookings with 2 people wanting 2 rooms and they only get charged once. It's a small supplement for the single room so I must have set it up incorrectly and would like to amend if anyone can advise? 

3 Replies 3

@Petrina-Noelle0 . Airbnb system works on a per person basis only. So options are to lock 2nd room and 2nd bathroom and only allow 2 guest bookings the master suite or they need to pay extra fee in advance. OR add another 2 listings, one for master suite only and another for single room only. This should allow 2-3 people to book both rooms (your existing listing) at the right price.

Just make sure its clear what is shared and what is exclusive use in each listing. 

Hi Petrina,

It sounds like you need a clearer setup for your pricing structure on Airbnb to accommodate guests who book as two people but want separate rooms. Here’s how you can adjust your settings:

I recommend creating 2 separate listings for the two rooms BUT indicate on each listing description that if the guests (consists of two persons) wish to have separate room - they have to book the other listing (listing B). This way you can easily charge the guest per room and not per person.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with theCommunity Center Guidelines]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Petrina-Noelle0, Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Our experienced Hosts have shared their advice. Please let us know when you have some time to go through their suggestions.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad