Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

How to keep busy during slow season

Akash-Alex0
Level 1
Agassiz, Canada

How to keep busy during slow season

Hello, this is Alex. I host in airbnb and joined this group to gain some knowledge and connect with professionals. I started in Jan 2024 and its been lots of fun also id like to take it to the next level and learn the inside outs of the business.

Question: 

Harrison hotsprings in B.C; it is slow season during this time, how do I attract more guests using social media? And investing in a hottub a plus point for the business? 

1 Reply 1

Hi Alex, welcome to the group!

To attract more guests during the slow season, social media is a powerful tool. Here are some strategies:

1. Leverage Instagram & Facebook: Showcase your property’s unique features, like cozy indoor spaces, scenic views, and any nearby off-season attractions. Consistent posting with seasonal promotions or special discounts can engage potential guests.

2. Collaborate with Local Influencers: Reach out to local influencers or travel bloggers who might want to stay and share your property with their audience.

3. SEO on Airbnb: Optimize your listing title and description with seasonal keywords, like “winter getaway” or “off-season retreat,” to help it rank higher in search results.

As for the hot tub, it's definitely a great investment! Amenities like this are highly attractive, especially during the colder months, and can set your listing apart from others in your area.