How to remove slanderous remarks by guest

Mike3437
Level 1
Evans, GA

How to remove slanderous remarks by guest

I had a guest  who made false and slanderous review.  Through several conversations with Airbnb teams and supervisors, Airbnb knows that the statements are false; however, its supervisor says, "Since it doesnot violate Airbnb policies, we ca not remove..."

I cannot find Airbnb policies and its team can not direct me to the pages of such policies.

Any suggestions as what to do?  I have evidnce and witnesses; as well as prior reviews that counter this only terrible review and Airbnb does not want to help.

Any ideas PLEASE.

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Mike3437 

Based on what I've read here from other hosts, I'm not confident that you will be successful in having this review removed. It may be best to just put it behind you and focus on the next booking.

If the review is not removed, all you can do is check whether there's anything you could change before the next bookings. As you seem to be reasonably new on Airbnb, I want to point out that many guests who book a place listed as "entire home" may have an expectation that the host will not physically be around during their stay (from the negative review it seems that you visited the house, although I do understand that you dispute the contents of that review). The previous (positive) review also mentions that you maintained the pool throughout the guest's stay. I'm not sure whether you live in another unit on this property or near the property, but it may be that guests expect more privacy due to the "entire home" nature of the listing.

The guest had a 10 year old daugther and I have a nine year old.  The guest wanted them to play and asked me to take my daughter there.  I have her conversation and texts.

Then, I went and bought that girl luch that she wanted ... while girls were playing  (pictures)

The harrassment statements are lies.  The review is slanderously  damaging and I have not had a signle reservation since this issue.