I had a mouse in my air bnb and now there is droppings all over the kitchen. Can I ask for a professional cleaning service?

Michelle4259
Level 1
Dayton, OH

I had a mouse in my air bnb and now there is droppings all over the kitchen. Can I ask for a professional cleaning service?

I am about 3 weeks into a 6 week stay and I saw a mouse in the house one night while watching Tv. Couldn’t catch it so I went to bed and left it. The next few days there was tons of droppings on the counter where I cook food. I was so grossed out. My hosts came to set traps and poison, I poured peppermint oil around on the carpet and stuffed dryer sheets around the kitchen. The mouse droppings stopped, but I am so grossed out to use my kitchen because there’s even droppings in all of my silverware. I have never had a mouse so this is my first experience and I am trying to remain calm and reasonable. But I can’t even go near the kitchen anymore. I work a stressful job and need to cook food. Is it reasonable to ask for a professional clean in the middle of my stay?

And It’s not that I haven’t cleaned … it’s just still creeping me out. 

2 Replies 2
Elena4354
Level 7
Porto, Portugal

Hello,  @Michelle4259 , I am so sorry you had a bad experience.
Yes, of course, in this situation you can ask for a professional cleaning and pest control service.
And your landlords should do everything possible to solve this problem, as this is not an acceptable situation.  
Kind regards.

Elena 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Michelle4259 A professional clean feels way over the top. I don't know where you are staying but mice do come into older houses like ours (at which point they die fairly quickly). I would wipe the counter tops down and run everything else through the dishwasher - Sorted!