I had a mouse in my air bnb and now there is droppings all over the kitchen. Can I ask for a professional cleaning service?

Michelle4259
Level 1
Dayton, OH

I had a mouse in my air bnb and now there is droppings all over the kitchen. Can I ask for a professional cleaning service?

I am about 3 weeks into a 6 week stay and I saw a mouse in the house one night while watching Tv. Couldn’t catch it so I went to bed and left it. The next few days there was tons of droppings on the counter where I cook food. I was so grossed out. My hosts came to set traps and poison, I poured peppermint oil around on the carpet and stuffed dryer sheets around the kitchen. The mouse droppings stopped, but I am so grossed out to use my kitchen because there’s even droppings in all of my silverware. I have never had a mouse so this is my first experience and I am trying to remain calm and reasonable. But I can’t even go near the kitchen anymore. I work a stressful job and need to cook food. Is it reasonable to ask for a professional clean in the middle of my stay?

And It’s not that I haven’t cleaned … it’s just still creeping me out. 

3 Replies 3
Elena4354
Level 10
Porto, Portugal

Hello,  @Michelle4259 , I am so sorry you had a bad experience.
Yes, of course, in this situation you can ask for a professional cleaning and pest control service.
And your landlords should do everything possible to solve this problem, as this is not an acceptable situation.  
Kind regards.

Elena 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Michelle4259 A professional clean feels way over the top. I don't know where you are staying but mice do come into older houses like ours (at which point they die fairly quickly). I would wipe the counter tops down and run everything else through the dishwasher - Sorted!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michelle4259, I am so sorry about this experience.

Since you posted here a few days ago, I wanted to check in and see if there are any updates on your case. Did you request the professional cleaning service to the Host? What was their response?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad