I’m a host, airbnb destroyed by fire while guest there , possible injuries .

Zain102
Level 2
Kerhonkson, NY

I’m a host, airbnb destroyed by fire while guest there , possible injuries .

Hello everyone , I am a host , this evening my Airbnb bungalows burned down to the ground , I believe a guest was injured in this catastrophe , I am being given very little information about the incident by the fire department right now . I am curious what happens next with Airbnb , I am also curious about host protection for accidents like these . Such as the air cover host insurance coverage that is supposed to come with being on the platform , I don’t carry home owners insurance on the property , I am reading that a specific type of renters insurance is needed for these types of situations. Does Airbnb offer coverage and protection for hosts in unusual and serious circumstances like this ? 

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Zain102 Strange that you only have a guest profile not a host profile.

I am a host . I will be updating everyone on the Airbnb community about this process and how everything unfolds , so that any host knows whether or not Airbnb offers protection . As you can imagine this is a devastating time , my email is ** , and my phone number is **, and I can be reached on this conversation thread . As of last night I have been contacted by Airbnb and. I will update everyone on these developments 

**[Contact details removed -  Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Zain - do you have any updates? 

Zain102
Level 2
Kerhonkson, NY

I was informed by Airbnb , that they have an insurance company “ Crawford and associates “ I will be keeping everyone up to date on this if any developments are made 

@Zain102 I still can't find your hosting profile.........

I am new to the forum , I don’t know why it does not come up