ICON default homepage listings

James4358
Level 1
Antalya, Türkiye

ICON default homepage listings

Is it just me or does anyone else object to the default homepage being the ICONS page giving priority to the rich and famous over actual Airbnb listings? Every time I visit the Airbnb site the first image I see is Dojacat in my face it's deeply annoying and shows the values of Airbnb prioritising celebrity over the hard work and dedication of hosts who are the very foundation of the business. We work extremely hard to maintain our excellent standards while the celebrities do nothing themselves yet have first-page priority.  I have voiced my concerns to Airbnb of course their response was patronising and dismissive as is the standard these days. 

1 Reply 1
Vincenzo89
Level 2
Mazara del Vallo, Italy

I believe Icons are good. Also even before that, nobody would've found the majority of Airbnb listings by simply opening the home page.

In addition to that, having celebrities on the homepage can attract new Airbnb customers, which might eventually increase the brand awareness, and the number of guests that will use Airbnb.

That, by consequence, can impact the number of bookings hosts get.

Thus, even though you personally find it annoying, and you absolutely have the right to voice your concerns to Airbnb, they can reply to you that they prefer it that way.

In the end, nobody is obliged to host on Airbnb.

If they had to go after the concern of over 5 million hosts and act accordingly, it would be a mess.