If I write a review and the guest does not, will mine ever be made public?

Answered!

If I write a review and the guest does not, will mine ever be made public?

I understand that both host and guest have 14 days to leave a review and neither will be made public until both have been completed.

My question is, if I write a review and the guest does not, will mine ever be made public? I\

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rosemary287  All reviews are published, regardless of whether both parties left reviews. If only one, it will appear after 14 days. If both, they will appear as soon as both are submitted.

View Best Answer in original post

60 Replies 60

Speaking of reviews...can someone please help me?  I'm not sure what to do...I had a return guest, a very nice lady, write a review explaining how she "meditated nude outdoors in nature", along with some very kind sentiments as well.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Honestly, my place is very private and I don't personally care I just wish she hadn't mentioned that part.  Is it legal for a guest to be nude and will this affect how prospective guests reading the review will view my place?  I'm not a nudist colony kind of place!  Kind suggestions appreciated.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Whitney158 

I don't know about your locality, but generally speaking, in most places it's legal to be nude, as long as it's not in the middle of town or something. Here, many people lay out on the beaches nude.  In Germany, many of the spas require full nudity. It's perfectly legal and said to be quite liberating. 

It sounds as if your guest enjoyed her stay. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about suddenly receiving bookings from hoardes of nudists. Unless of course, if within your local cultural circles, nudity is so rare yet so desirable that nudist groups would suddenly flock to any opportunity to be nude, which I doubt they otherwise have any trouble finding, if that's what they fancy. 

Be happy that your guest is happy. It could be much worse 🤔

Maria14448
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hello!

I am not a host yet but I am trying to study and understand the platform's T&C, articles etc before I list my property.

I couldn't find anywhere an article desribing the detailed steps on leaving a review for a guest, ie. Where is the notification "leave a review" shown, Where should I tap or click depending on whether I will use browser or application etc. I have seen similar articles on other issues, like adjusting the cleaning fee , but I couldn't find details on this specific matter. Can someone help me?

@Maria14448 

Sometime in the afternoon of check-out day, you will get a prompt to review the guest (an e-mail prompt and a prompt in your Airbnb inbox.) You will then click the big button that says, Review Guest. This will all be very clear and easy to find once you list your space and host a guest.

Emily26
Level 2
Harrogate, United Kingdom

I have had some tricky guests who I know will have left a bad review.... do I get to comment on their review after the 14 day period.

Emily
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emily26 Yes I think so. But why not leave your review after 13 days and then you have at least a day to respond to theirs.

@Jamie786 @Colleen426 I wish I had found this group a month ago. Our very first guest responded within hours of our posting the property saying she wanted to come the next morning for a month. We weren't really ready but said ok because she was in a wheelchair. We fully disclosed our concerns when meeting with her mother and brother 4 hours later. Two weeks in she wanted to stay a year. We said no and after that it was like torture. I wrote an honest review because I misunderstood about the guest seeing it. I wanted other hosts to know how she operates. Now... I have the worst review ever!! 😫  Fortunately, the next two guests were great. I briefly responded, but am I doomed forever?

Renata496
Level 1
Peabody, MA

How can I write a review to a guest?

@Renata496  You will receive a notification to review after check-out, at which point it should be obvious.

Charmaine82
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Good day Abb community, I have a question about the review process. I have been hosting through Abb for the last few years and all in all it has been a good experience. We are on our way to super host status and have never had a bad review. Unfortunately, we had guests recently over a holiday weekend who did not follow some of our house rules in regards to checking out. When we tried to reach them they did not respond, we had to pay our cleaning lady extra, as she had come to clean our place but our guests were still there. We decided the fair thing to do was pass this charge onto the guests, when we did so the guest was not happy and thought it was acceptable to check out an hour late without notifying us. We retracted the charge and did place a personal phone call into them to discuss things but they did not respond. They have left us a review which has not been posted yet and I am unsure if I would like to leave them a review. I am expecting their review to not be great, but I am unsure if I should still review them. I don't think the review process is always accurate or fully transparent, but I know Abb lives and breaths by their reviews. Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. 

@Charmaine82  I don't understand why you are considering not leaving a review. What benefit do you perceive?

@Sarah977 

Hi Sarah,  I am considering not leaving a review because I am not to sure how I feel about these guests, all in all they were pretty good until the end. However, some of his comments to us in his messages were uncalled for and I felt like they were pulling things out of their hat so they could justify leaving late. I am not sure if I can objectively give them a review at this point because of his behaviour and angry words with us. I am worried that his review will be unfair and not just. He did leave us a review in our guest book that was very nice but that was before all this happened. Abb asks the hosts certain questions during the review process such as "would you host them again?" and "would you recommend them to other hosts?", I am not too sure how to answer these questions also during the review process as I really don't know what to say, I am in the middle with these guests

. To be honest I don't leave reviews for guests that I am not 100% sure of, sorry its just what I think and feel about the review process.

@Charmaine82 You are putting too much thought into this and I don't understand the logic. When you are asked "Would you host these guests again" you can answer honestly. The guest won't see your answer. Do you want them to book again? Yes or no. Personally, I would say no. 

In regards to the written text, you can be factual: "XX checked out one hour late, resulting in an extra cleaning charge from our housekeepers. Future hosts should confirm a firm check-out time if given no flexibility." 

Don't tie emotion to this. Not leaving a review benefits you in no way whatsoever. If this guest did leave you a scathing review, your factual and level-headed review of him (and response) will help to balance out the situation. If your guest leaves you a scathing review and you leave no review at all, I would take his review as 100% true. 

@Emilia42 Hi Emilia, thank-you for your candid response. I wasn't looking at it from this perspective, but you are right it serves no purpose not to leave him a review. I am hoping I can be as objectives and tactful with the review. Our house rules and check out times are clearly stated to all of our guests, we even send a check out reminder a day before. 

That is the response you leave to his scathing review. Keep it civil, short and accurate. Your response is a reflection of your hosting skills.  Let him rant. We can read between the lines as future guests of your hosting. When I am traveling as a guest (I am an ABb host as well), when I see a scathing review it is the response by the host that makes me determine if I want to book the home.  Seriously.