Impossible to add a payout method

Summit-View0
Level 10
Dilijan, Armenia

Impossible to add a payout method

That the latest app by Airbnb is clumsy & bugged is common knowledge but it is truly mind boggling that something as elementary as adding a payout method is impossible to achieve neither on Android nor on the Airbnb website from a desktop.

I got my first guests on the 3rd March 2022 (a monthly stay).

My bank is partially owned by a Russian bank hence the payment didn't go through due to sanctions.

For the past 15 days I tried to add a payout method from two countries I visited but after filling the address details a pop up appears on the android screen 'this payout method is not supported by the app'. 

Oh well, I don't carry a desktop around & internet cafes are no longer common so I found myself asking receptionists to use hotel lobby desktops.

I visited 8 or 9 hotels so far & it is impossible to even punch the digits of my phone number as it doesn't register on the screen of the desktop.

Google, email etc. Are same - BLANK !

Customer Service hasn't helped me. They are as clueless it seems & it is very sad that they can't provide a solution especially as I have utility bills, taxes & wages to pay.

Does anyone have a solution to this lunacy?

10 Replies 10
Summit-View0
Level 10
Dilijan, Armenia

An Update : 

Almost ten days after posting this comment and the issue is still not resolved.

I was assigned a customer service person from the Philippines (her name is***) who sounded very kind and willing to help but she was unable to provide any solution.

On the last day of our communication she called me by phone and gave me the false hope that she has 'good news' for me and that I check my email.

I was rather excited and did exactly that but found out this was false hope and that she just gave an empty promise the technical department is 'working on it'.

To not get paid after four weeks and more is NOT Ok.

Is Cesky and co. deliberately trying to make hosts and guests unhappy and frustrated? 

I will appreciate if someone in this illustrious community takes the time to reach out to me and share his/her experience or offer some solution.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

It is exactly a month since the payout was released but didn't go through and still I got no solutions from the Airbnb CS despite uploading new bank accounts that are totally legit and functioning and despite my guests even chipping in by writing to Airbnb stating their concerns that I wasn't paid despite they stayed for almost a month.

Very disappointed with the Airbnb system and that they seem to think we hosts are expandable slaves and that it is perfectly fine to leave us without a cent for months despite that we have fixed costs to cover.

Marie1009
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I haven’t been paid by Airbnb for a month. I contacted them and they say they’re working on it but this really isn’t good enough. Anyone else had this problem? I’ve been with them for over four years and never had a problem with pay ins till now.

Welcome to the club !

My comments on this platform speak for themselves.

I really hope an alternative to Airbnb is set up soon because I am sick and tired of their nonsense.

Can you please describe the problem you are facing?

Taofik0
Level 2
Port Harcourt, Nigeria

I am a new host and I have not been able to set up a payout method. I am currently hosting my first guest and I dont know how or when I will get paid. I have been on this with AirBnB customer service for almost a week now with no solution! 

I go through all the steps and input my bank details on the Worldpay site/form but when I click submit it takes me back to the AirBnb payout method start page without registering my bank details.

Please can anyone who has experienced and resolved this problem help?!

@Taofik0 Are you the host or the co host because you should not even being getting guests without having you bank account listed . and it will only accept one bank account and one host . H

Taofik0
Level 2
Port Harcourt, Nigeria

@Helen744I am the host and I already have a current guest.

I have been able to get around it by using my foreign account details which is now going through verification

@Taofik0 all the best with your future hosting.H

Your bank account details need to be inputed to the Airbnb site not whatever you are trying to do ? H