In need of a more advanced automatic calendar blocking

In need of a more advanced automatic calendar blocking

Hello,   I am trying to figure out a more advanced automatic calendar blocking than what Airbnb gives me.  I hope someone can guide me.  Here is what I have/need.

I have Rooms 1 & 2

Listing A is rooms 1 & 2 with a private bath

Listing B is room 1 with a private bath

Listing C is room 1 with shared bath

Listing D is room 2 with a shared bath. 

If I only had Listing A, C & D I can use the Airbnb and automatically block the correct way.  But what I need is:  If listing A books then it needs to block B,C,D and if listing B books it blocks, A,C,D.  But if Listing C is booked it only blocks listing A & B and if D is booked it only blocks A & B.   

I cannot figure out how to get this to work.  Maybe I need a third party software/service?  A couple I looked at were just a bit too expensive and did not solve this problem.    I hope someone can help out.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Gerard

1 Reply 1
Cristina234
Level 5
Frankfurt, Germany

Hello Gerard, here is a simple way to handle your problem although is not exactly the solution you are looking for.

1. I would put all my effort to book Listing A most of the time. I would set up its minimum price as the price you were thinking for listing B.

2. I would not create listing B. If someone desperate love your place but he/she is just one or two guests or someone who will use just one bedroom, he/she can book Listing A for one guest.

3. I would rent C & D just to "fill the gaps" with last minute short bookings.

To maximize A bookings AND occupancy I would do the following:

- Set Listings C&D calendars as "By default unavailable"

- Unblock the dates  of Listings C&D just to fill the gaps in A within the next 30 days.

- Keep syncronization rule just to fill the gaps in A within the next 30 days.

Enjoy happy hosting getting longer stays & larger groups. One key handling, one final cleaning, no complaints between guests.

-