Is it a vibrant or calm Hosting period for you?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Is it a vibrant or calm Hosting period for you?

Velas na acomodaçāo - Airbnb Central da Comunidade.png

Hello everyone,

As we approach the end of the year, we wanted to take a moment to check in with all of you and see how things are going 😊

The holiday season can bring a lot of excitement, events, and travel opportunities, but we know that it can also be a quieter period for some Hosts. Some people enjoy taking it easier around this time, wind down, and perhaps even take some time off.

Are you currently experiencing a bustling festive period with a high influx of guests? Or is it a quieter time where you have fewer bookings coming in?

Whether you're enjoying a steady stream of guests or facing a temporary lull, we'd love to hear about your experiences during this time and welcome you to share your wisdom with the wider community 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

48 Replies 48
Mike-and-Sarah0
Level 2
Burnt Ranch, CA

We’ve been hosts since 2012 and have always been super hosts since that came into being. Since the new year (2024) it’s been dead. We’ve had only one booking. Normally we get folks year round with more activity this month (March). I came here to see if others were experiencing this same issue and it sounds like there are a number of people who are. What’s up with that? I’ve read some bad press lately (people complaining of having to do a lot to clean after themselves, and too many short term rentals when there’s a shortage of long term rentals etc.) I’m wondering if the bad press has caused the slow down or if it’s some thing to do with the Airbnb website? Or something else entirely? 

We are much slower now.  We may get more bookings in the summer, but mainly Maui is a destination for many of us trying to escape a long winter.  I am much busier in the wintertime.

Carl9398
Level 2
St. Andrew Parish, Jamaica

Its a bit slow when compared to last year

Helen3223
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Extremely busy but only with booking.com - I wish it was with AirBnB because it's a much more friendly and open community, and a more ethical platform, also for guests.