Is it possible to send exact location from Airbnb chat?

Mauricio467
Host Advisory Board Member
Cancún, Mexico

In recent reservations I have been asked to send to my guest the exact location in the chat of the App, what I have to do is send a photo of a screenshot of other apps or Google Maps.

Is it possible?

Mauricio
8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mauricio467  The address is sent to guests automatically when a booking is confirmed. You shoukd never give out your exact location until a guest has a confirmed booking, anyway. 

If your place is hard to find, as mine is, I ask confirmed guests for their email address and send them a hand drawn map. But if all your guests need is to see a google map, they can do that with the address they receive.

Mauricio467
Cancún, Mexico

Yes, of course, it was for a confirmed guest 3 months ago, who was already on his way.

Mauricio

@Mauricio467  So he was having trouble finding it? Was the address not on his booking?

Mauricio467
Cancún, Mexico

There are guests who prefer communication through other apps, and this was the case, what he wanted is to send him the location, as whats app does and bring the communication to that app.

My question is if it is possible to send the exact location from the airbnb chat?

The address of the space was in his reservation.

Even so, he asked me for the exact location, he was already on his way home.

Mauricio

@Mauricio467  I am honestly not sure. The Airbnb bot often will hide anything in a chat that has numbers in it, being a non-human, it thinks it is a phone number. It will definitely hide links to 3rd party sites.

Maybe try it with another confirmed booking even though the guest hasn't asked for that- just tell them you are trying to ascertain if that info will come through to guests without being blocked.

As for "of course it was for a confirmed booking", don't take offense- we would assume hosts know not to send that to guests who haven't yet paid, but you would be surprised at the things I've seen in Airbnb listings for anyone on the worldwide web to see. I saw one the other day where the host had the door code in the listing description!

Mauricio467
Cancún, Mexico

It doesn't offend me at all, on the contrary, I really appreciate your words. Muchas Gracias¡ 🙂

Mauricio
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Mauricio467 Our experience is: after a confirmed booking and before the stay ends, you can send any information through the Airbnb chat. Only before the confirmation and after the departure, data containing numbers and links are hidden.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Mauricio467,I would speak to the guest directly on the phone . You have their number and simply tell them the address once again as some people travel under a cloud of forgetfulness. H