Is there a Guest Forum here?

Answered!
Uchenna8
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Is there a Guest Forum here?

Hey everyone, I've been looking around and haven't been able to find any access to a Forum for guests. Does one exist? If not, how come?

Having a Guest Forum can be a great resource for learning what guests want, trends, and what would make a host space more aligned to their expectations. We can also learn from each other about some of the tactics of bad actors that abuse the Airbnb platform, flag them for investigation so we can all be confident in the listings of potential new homes. Also the Guest Forum can provide insight to platform usability issues that guests might experience and prevent them from carrying out a booking. The team could take action on things like this.

1 Best Answer
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Uchenna8 , I love your idea and I can definitely see the benefits of this. Like @Mike-And-Jane0 and @Helen3 already mentioned, even though the Community Center seems more focused on the day-to-day life of Hosts, guests are as much a part of Airbnb and as welcome to share their questions, concerns, feedback, and of course their amazing travel stories!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a forum for hosts and guests @Uchenna8 

Thanks for your response and sharing @Helen3 

There is nothing on this page that denotes guests are able to participate here. I wasn't sure myself. Rather there are special icons for the discussion sections under "Explore topics for Hosts like you".

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Uchenna8 As far as I know guests are welcome on the CC. It does seem to be heavily host biased but I think this is more a function of hosts experiencing guests daily/weekly rather than guests who may only travel a few times a year.

I see where you're coming from @Mike-And-Jane0 

Thanks for your reply.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Uchenna8 , I love your idea and I can definitely see the benefits of this. Like @Mike-And-Jane0 and @Helen3 already mentioned, even though the Community Center seems more focused on the day-to-day life of Hosts, guests are as much a part of Airbnb and as welcome to share their questions, concerns, feedback, and of course their amazing travel stories!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

It's good to know @Sybe . From my perspective it isn't really obvious especially when you look at the categories within "Explore topics for Hosts like you" in the discussion groups. I came here looking to find out if there was some advice on booking a home with no reviews or newly listed. I wanted to get tips for things to watch out for to avoid being scammed. Any advice to make me better educated on this?

I have found listings on the platform that are priced very low and have pictures that are really well furnished but don't look authentic - looks to good to be true. I believe these are also noteworthy concerns of the guest experience on Airbnb. I could be incorrect, wouldn't these types of incidents be a financial liability for Airbnb? Guests that are better educated could save some $$$ and headaches.

But it is heavily focused on hosts such as the tabs, business etc nothing relating to guests so it's not very inclusive of guests no wonder they don't post much it seems to favour and cater to hosts but without guests there wouldn't be any hosts.