Is this a scam

Answered!

Is this a scam

I was looking for an apartment and i found one on Facebook which is sheap and good, the thing is i was a little bit confused because of the way the landlord is talking, i only can see the apartment when i finish paying the rent and the deposit and if i didn't like it they said i will get a refund. Here is the email : 

Hello again,

In order to proceed with booking through Airbnb for at least two months, I will need to create a private long-term rental request for you. Airbnb will email you a link that you must access to initiate the reservation process. This process includes three steps:

Step 1: Select the desired move-in date, specify the length of stay in months and specify the number of people who will live in the property.

Step 2: Provide details such as your name, current address and phone number.

Step 3: Confirm your booking by paying an advance payment for the first month's rent and a deposit to receive the code for the key box near the front door that will allow you access to the property.

Once your booking is confirmed, you will be welcomed as a new tenant. Once booked, you can view the property at any time before the move-in date to see if it suits your needs. If you don't like it for any reason (although I'm confident you'll be as happy as my previous renters), Airbnb will refund your first month's rent and deposit.

I need a copy of a document from you to proceed with creating the rental request and receiving the email. I am attaching a copy of my document as well as a photo of myself so that you understand that you are dealing with a reliable person.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Imen488 It is a standard scam - although no harm in exposing it again. This is just not how Airbnb works.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Imen488 It is a standard scam - although no harm in exposing it again. This is just not how Airbnb works.