Is this a scam?

Itai28
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Is this a scam?

I've got an in-app message about a reservation I've made with this text - 

"Dear Valued Guest,

We have an important update regarding your reservation. After a recent review, we determined that your booking requires further verification.

To finalize and secure your reservation, please reconfirm your booking. For detailed instructions, you can reach our support team through the following link:

https://airbnb.confirme-2.ru/akfjcxvb

We apologize for any inconvenience, but this step is crucial for the safety and security of all our guests.

We appreciate your prompt action in confirming your reservation. Our team is ready to assist you throughout this process.

Please note that if the reservation is not confirmed within 1 hour, we will initiate the cancellation process for your booking. Act quickly to prevent cancellation according to Airbnb's policy.

We understand that you have already paid for your booking. This process is merely a verification and confirmation, not a repayment. If the booking is not confirmed, it will be canceled, and a refund will be issued within 30 business days.

Please confirm your booking as soon as possible to secure your reservation."

And a minute later i've got this message - 

"Why do you need a re-confirmation if you have already paid for the reservation?

This procedure is necessary because of the many cancellations and date classes, we make sure that your reservation is still valid.

If not confirmed we simply cancel your booking and refund you within 25 working days.

We therefore strongly recommend that you confirm your booking. There is also an operator on site to help and answer your questions."

The message was sent from the owner of the place i've made the reservation from. 
This doesn't smell right... was the owner's phone hacked?

2 Replies 2
Elena4354
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Hi @Itai28, yes, this is a scam,

you should immediately report this situation to Airbnb support. Do not click the link provided in the message or fill in your details.

Kind regards. 

Elena. 

Itai28
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

The owner just sent me a message saying this was spam and that she reported it to airebnb support.
Thanks Elena!