Is this listing real?

Maria22548
Level 1
Fort Erie, Canada

Is this listing real?

Is this listing real? It's weird that they've only been up for a month and have no reviews. 

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines

2 Replies 2
Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

I didn't open the link but it's totally common ! When you're just starting out,  it can take a while to get a few bookings..and many folks don't leave a review.

If you check our account, we started out in Jan. 2024 and haven't gotten a lot of reviews/bookings through airbnb. However, we live in a small town with not a lot going on here to draw Guests 🙂 But..we have had Guests from locals (wedding, funeral, graduation, festivals) that booked direct from us. We also used VRBO and Booking . com so there were bookings at those venues. There is currently a large work facility that is under construction in town and we have hosted a half-dozen different workers for temporary housing. Airbnb is just part of the story..

When Guests find us by being referred from the Visitor's Bureau, they are happy to have saved money by booking direct. In turn, they tell their friends 🙂 Word of mouth is a great way to be found.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Maria22548, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad