Keyless Entery for single bedroom

Virginia579
Level 2
Tualatin, OR

Keyless Entery for single bedroom

Good morning from the Pacific Northwest!  Quick question for the community:

If we were to offer a single room within our home, would you suggest putting a keyless entry on both the front door AND bedroom?  How else do you handle the "living in your space" issues?  We'd like to offer the room, but I can't really get my head around offering it into our space. For example, do you put a keyless lock on your private bedroom, when the guest room is on the same floor?  

Thanks for whatever advice you can offer.

2 Replies 2
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Virginia579 

Putting a keyless entry lock on the guest bedroom door seems counterintuitive if you are only other person sharing the guest space. You would have the code for the lock (since you programmed it) so in reality, you could enter if you wanted/needed to. Keypads on guest rooms are ideal in places catering to many different guest rooms.

Whatever you decide to do, you should indeed ensure that the guest bedroom can be locked. It gives the guest a great sense of privacy and security. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Virginia579I'm a bit confused  - I'm not sure whether you're asking about a keyless lock on your bedroom or the guest's bedroom. I have a similar situation to you. I now have a keyless lock on the front door, which I highly recommend. Prior to that, I was constantly having to get new keys cut because guests would accidentally take them, not to mention the security issues.

I do not have a keyless lock on the guest's room - as @Emilia42 said, that would not really make sense as I would have programmed it myself. I have thought about putting a simple bolt lock on the inside of the door to help guests feel secure, but given that I am a single woman living in the home, I'm guessing that it wouldn't be much of an issue for most people.

I do, however, have a (keyed) lock on my own bedroom door, which I can lock from both the inside and the outside. This gives me security in case I ever feel uncomfortable (which has only been once in four years), plus if I am going to be away with guests in my home, I can lock it from the outside.