Leaving Guest Ratings

Answered!
Jo972
Level 1
West Burton, United Kingdom

Leaving Guest Ratings

Hi

Is anybody else out there worried about leaving poor ratings for guests?

I feel nervous about being honest about a guest I didn’t like as I don’t want my next potential guests from thinking I’m critical, but I also think it’s right to let other hosts know if a guest is messy, disrespectful or overly demanding. At the moment I just don’t leave a review if I don’t like a guest, but as I said I feel this is unfair on other hosts.

It would be great if there was a private way hosts could rate guests for other hosts!

I would be very interested to know if anyone else out there has any thoughts on this please?

Top Answer
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Jo972 I don't leave a review unless I like the guest and think the guest will give me a 5 star review.

If it's a really bad guest/guest behavior and I anticipate a possible negative review, I will call Airbnb and ask to leave some notes on the reservation. Airbnb will then have the option of adding said notes to the guest's profile. I have been assured by agents that actions could be taken against the guest if in the future similar concerns are brought up. 

With the review system as it is right now, this is the safest method for us since we accept instant bookings most of the time and we often get brand new guests with no prior trips as well. 

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Jo972 I don't leave a review unless I like the guest and think the guest will give me a 5 star review.

If it's a really bad guest/guest behavior and I anticipate a possible negative review, I will call Airbnb and ask to leave some notes on the reservation. Airbnb will then have the option of adding said notes to the guest's profile. I have been assured by agents that actions could be taken against the guest if in the future similar concerns are brought up. 

With the review system as it is right now, this is the safest method for us since we accept instant bookings most of the time and we often get brand new guests with no prior trips as well. 

Jo972
Level 1
West Burton, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your reply @Zheng49, I will definitely take your advice!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jo972 😊

I'm glad to see you found Zheng's comment helpful. I wanted to let you know that I have tagged him in your post, so he will receive a notification of your comment. I hope this is okay with you. To tag someone in the community, simply use the @ symbol and select the user from the dropdown menu.

I also wanted to thank you for marking Zheng's answer as the best answer. This will help future Hosts in similar situations find the conversation more easily.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad