Listing removed because of guest threw a party

Meghna16
Level 1
Clarence, NY

Listing removed because of guest threw a party

Hi,

i had 3 listings and one of the listing one local guest threw a open party inviting hundred of teenagers to my house. i was able to see it in my external cameras when hundreds of people start entering the house. 

There were tons of damage to the house and i opened a reimbursement request with Airbnb.

i already had booking for the next 30 day and airbnb took 6 weeks to complete the reimbursement request which caused multiple negative review on my listing as some of the furniture, blinds, appliances were broken by the previous guest.

Airbnb has now removed my listing and also approved my reimbursement at the same time 2 days ago.

i have sent them the evidence with pictures and videos that shows house in perfect shape but they still rejected the appeal without any reason.

Has this happened to anyone else and what can i do to get someone looked at this issue so that my listing can be reinstated as this is very frustrating as i have spend a lot of time and money to get this house fully ready for airbnb.

Thanks for the help

4 Replies 4
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Meghna16 

So sorry to hear you've had a struggle with getting this sorted! Have you heard anything back regarding your claim or your listing? 

You mentioned the reimbursement was approved which is great, but the listing issue may be with a different team. Please let us know.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Chantelle71
Level 1
Costa Mesa, CA

This is happening to me right now. A guest threw a party and I requested to be compensated for the extra guests and escalated it on Airbnb and the Airbnb team revoked my status as host. I have multiple reservations that I’m assuming are now cancelled as I’ve had no way to contact guests. I also am out of town and using Airbnb for my accommodations and I can’t read the messages from my host as that feature is revoked on the ‘traveling’ end as well. 

Did this get resolved? I don’t understand why hosts are penalized for a trying to hold people accountable for a policy they’ve created. I’ve also tried multiple times to get connected with somebody who can help and my case over and over again has been ‘closed’ with no resolution. 

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I've been hearing a lot of horror stories regarding parties.

This is how I would handle it - although, I doubt anyone would want to host a party in my house but it's better to plan it out first. 

I would first call airbnb support once I see that the number of guests has exceeded the 1 or 2 that my rooms can accomodate. Because they have broken the house rules by exceeding the number of guests, I would be able to get support to cancel the reservation without penalty.

Then I would get them to leave politely. If they still don't leave, I would call the police to remove them for trespassing - if I deem necessary. 

The reason I wouldn't want to tell Airbnb that a party is occurring is because there is a high chance the safety team will then be involved. Once the safety team is involved, they can easily suspend your listing for a week+ while they do some investigation and it may result in your listing and/or account being banned. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Meghna16 Airbnb regularly suspends listings from host who have been subjected to a party - As if the party were their fault!

Your case appears to be different and could be due to your low ratings recently. Have they said if it is permanently deleted or just suspended for a week or so?