Long bookings 27 + nights

Long bookings 27 + nights

Hi everyone, Airbnb highly recommended to open the option longer stays 27+ nights.  Can you please share your experience with booking for 2 weeks or even 28 nights? 

1 Reply 1
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Olivia996 ,

Personally, I prefer two-week stays as it gives guests a real opportunity to experience living in my home. I’m not a fan of one-night stays because they reduce my property to just a place to sleep, and the effort required doesn’t seem worth it. However, other hosts have reported that one-night stays are the way to fill the calendar and maximize profit.

To address your question: a guest staying for over 28 nights is legally considered a tenant, and evicting a tenant requires legal action. This situation could jeopardize your property and your Airbnb listing. Additionally, on Airbnb, you can’t collect a deposit, verify a guest’s identity before the reservation, or establish a legal agreement with the guest.

While it’s possible to address these issues off-platform, doing so might put you at risk of being removed from Airbnb for violating their terms.

Some hosts take the chance and offer long-term rentals on Airbnb—good luck to them. However, I do not allow guests to stay for more than 25 consecutive days.

This is just my personal opinion based on my experience and the type of guests who visit my region. It might not apply to other localities.