Long term cancellation by guest

Dyane10
Level 1
Park City, UT

Long term cancellation by guest

Hi, my name is Dyane. I've been hosting on Airbnb for 7 years and started a new listing last December 2023. I have an issue with a long-term cancellation. Our guest booked our place for 172 nights (from May 13th to Nov 1st). After the first 18 nights, we had an issue with the air conditioning (it didn't work for one night), and the guest called Airbnb support and used it as an excuse to cancel his reservation.
We accepted the cancellation, but a day later, our account was charged $6,097.16 (My dashboard shows that they returned the money for the nights he didn't stay in my place). I contacted Airbnb support, and they said the charge was an adjustment that should be deleted from our account, but it hasn't been. I've been waiting over a month, and every time I call support, a new customer service agent answers, saying they will investigate, but no one ever calls me back.
All of my earnings are on hold because I am supposed to pay that money back. How can I find a fair solution to this issue?

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dyane10 , Did you hear back from the Customer Support team since you posted in the Community? Has the adjustment been resolved?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines