Long term rentals

Answered!
Joyce607
Level 2
Beaumont, TX

Long term rentals

I live in an industrial area.  We don't get many (any) tourists but lots of people come here to do contract work especially nurses and construction workers.  My first guest is a construction worker who is here on a job that could last up to 2 years.  He wants to pay month by month.  What do I tell other people who make inquiries?  I suppose I just explain the situation and tell them my rental unit is not available.  Any suggestions?  

Top Answer

I'm glad I posted this question.  These answers are really helpful.  I'm not using instant booking and either of your suggestions would work for my situation.  Thanks.

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Airbnb is a short term rental platform. I imagine there are other websites better suited for long term rental. 

so you are saying you are booking a long term rental up to 2 years using Airbnb and he has to renew every month? Then the dates should not be available to other guests. You can do this multiple ways. Shorten your booking window to three months only and have him book at least all three months up front at all times OR snooze your listing for the time being. Definitely turn off instant booking. 

I'm glad I posted this question.  These answers are really helpful.  I'm not using instant booking and either of your suggestions would work for my situation.  Thanks.

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Joyce607 

I love hosting construction workers. However, you need to be sure they are indeed here to work with stable pays. 

You can learn from the hotel, host them every 28 nights and ask them to book  2 nights at a hotel and then come back. 

it’s the well known “28 days rotating law”

What an interesting approach.  I think he would be agreeable to doing that.  He's been easy to deal with so far.  The vehicles he drives and the "toys" he brought (golf clubs, etc.) look like he can afford that sort of arrangement.