Lost a booking due to a glitch that was refusal to fix on Airbnb

En-Ees0
Level 1
Squamish, Canada

Lost a booking due to a glitch that was refusal to fix on Airbnb

I had a guest be advertised a wrong price - Airbnb rep claimed it was a glitch. I spent 9 hours following up with Airbnb - currently the guest cancelled the request and I lost a reservation due to lack of communication and answers being answered by Airbnb. Is the entire phone call support international phone support personnel who don’t speak English? I’ve spent over 4 hours dealing with this issue today. 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@En-Ees0 I have never found the lack of native English speakers an issue. The issue has always been one of poor training and mis-application of policies. Was the price too high or too low and have you fixed it now?

They apologized and the glitch seems to have been worked out . I have been refunded the lost funds. However it took me 7 different Airbnb managers to get through and 3 weeks of patience to get it resolved. I highly believe that language barrier seems to be the issue at times. When I converse with native English speaking staff, it is much quicker and more efficient in resolving issues - especially when it comes down to particular legislative policies and western ways of doing business. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @En-Ees0 ,

Has this been resolved for you?

Are you still facing this price issue for upcoming bookings? Or if it was a one-off?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines