Messaging problem with guests phone number

Tami1
Level 4
Benton, KY

Messaging problem with guests phone number

I hope this is the correct place to post!  Yesterday I'd been communicating with a guest who was checking in that afternoon.  The last message I sent was immediately followed by a phone call from that same phone number  saying "I don't have an airbnb reservation, you have the wrong number".  I texted this person a copy of my guests phone number, actually a screen shot showing the number &  my actual   guest's name, (my bad)  to which she became concerned and asked if they'd charged her credit card by mistake?   Shortly after she called  me again to say her credit card had not been charged.   She also said she was a cleaner for some airbnb's and assumed they'd given me the wrong phone number.  I was baffled!   A few minutes later the guest arrived.  I told her what had transpired and asked her to text my phone so I could have her correct number.  Believe it or not,  she texted me  from that  same number I'd been using, the same number I'd received both calls & texts from a different person on!     What the heck?!!  I am still confused!  My husband, an attorney,  double checked the numbers and sure enough,  I'd been communicating with 2 different people on the same number!!??  I am still dazed  & confused!    

1 Reply 1
Elena4354
Level 7
Porto, Portugal

Hello, @Tami1 , this is a question for the mobile operator, 

This situation is really strange and dangerous, I think you can advise your guest to contact her mobile operator as soon as possible and ask for explanation and urgent assistance. 

Kind regards.

Elena.