Minimum nights for specific period of time?

Kathleane0
Level 3
Santa Ana, CA

Minimum nights for specific period of time?

I'm not sure if this is possible but I thought I'd put it out to the ABnB community to see what ya' all come up with. Normally I have a 3 night minimum on a room in my own home. I have very responsible, long-term housemates and I'd like to travel for one week. I could block out those dates, but then I thought - what if there was a way for just that period of time I could only allow a booking of one week, so that I could be home to check in that guest and then be on my way, leaving my housemates to be there if a guest needed anything.

5 Replies 5
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Kathleane0 

You can go to your account settings on the website (not the app) and turn on Professional Hosting Tools. Then go to your calendar - it will look more complicated and have lots of extra functions to explore. You can set specific days on the calendar to "no check in" and "no check out" by creating a rule.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Kathleane0 You can do that ----and of course, every host will have to figure out what is a level of comfort, trust you can work with esp. during vacation time.  I  would NOT do it - because even housemates will NOT take care of your guests the way you would and for many it does matter, and also for those fairly new. I would block off the time away and just take the vacation, otherwise you will be partially vacationing & unconsciously  hosting (without being there and that's not fully being on vacation) that's my take on things. Because also, if something happens you will really mess up your trip and not be there to resolve things - esp. inside your home. If a cottage/apt it would be easier in my mind as its stand alone - but inside with other renters /housemates ??? not so sure, because everyone will handle every situation, every person/guest their way. and that's to be expected. If you are not like me and many other hosts, NOT Type A personality - hahaha---  then you will be able to shut it off and have your trip and all will be as it is!!  That's my take on it. Happy Hosting!! Keep asking questions it will make you a terrific host. Best to you, Clara@116

Yeah, im definately Tyoe A so i appreciate your input.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kathleane0, I hope everything is going well with you 😊

Three of our most experienced hosts have shared their advice, if you find any of their answers particularly useful, please don’t hesitate to mark it as the top answer. You can do this by clicking the button below the comment, as shown in the following image:

Paula_0-1730141565133.png

This will help future Hosts with similar questions easily find this conversation.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Kathleane0 

I would also consider what happen if you housemate and guest get into a valid or invalid confrontational situation?  You are responsible to the housemate and the guest that you don't put them in an unsafe or uncomfortable environment.