Minimum of 2 nights stay

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

Minimum of 2 nights stay

Dear hosts I would like to ask your opinion about one night stays. Are they  worth it? I have a cottage listed and feel that it is a lot of cleaning and washing for only one night. I have not had many one night bookings but I am  wondering if I change to a minimum of 2 nights  will it affect by bookings badly? To those of you  who have done this how did your bookings change after this? I think a room only will be much easier to accomodate one nighters than a whole  cottage. Looking forward to hear from you. Michele

83 Replies 83
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I prefer one day stays. But my daughter is my cleaner and that’s her part time job. 

I also prefer shorter stays because it gives guests less time to make messes. 

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

We are relatively new to hosting on AirBnb but have enough data so far from our bookings and guests to help with our minimums and maximums. For our area and our guest experiences we have an average of 5 night stays on a consistent basis. We won’t even consider 1 night rentals simply due to the hassle factor and because our new cleaning protocol requires a day blocked before and after each stay. So a 1 night stay actually costs us a loss of 2 nights plus the hassle factor  of 1 night stays just made it uneconomical and simply not worth it. We are in a rural area outside 2 major centres so guests are usually looking for longer stays. 

We have put in a 3 night minimum and have a moderate $35 cleaning fee and are as busy as we want to be. 

Mill Bay Cottage Rental 

#millbaycottageretal

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

I rent an apartment for one night, except for the weekend, and I want to say that one-night guests are my favorite guests. This is the most expensive night, considering the cleaning fee, and these people almost don't live there! They rent an apartment to spend the night, but go to a restaurant for dinner, do not use dishes except for a coffee capsule, after they almost do not need to do cleaning)). And they are very happy with the level of service, because they came with the mood to relax, and this is the most important thing!

Sabina186
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone know if it’s possible to book one night only if you have a 2-night minimum, but there are reservations on both sides of that one unbooked day? I want the guests to be able to book it without needing to remove the 2-night minimum. Thanks! 

@Sabina186 I am sure that if you go into your calendar and click on the day you should be able to click on it and make it available. If you only want the existing guests to book it then they should be able to do so with a change request.

Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes it is available in my calendar but I don’t know if people are able to book it given that the overall rule on that property is minimum 2 night stay. 

@Sabina186 I think they are able to book it. Pretend you are a guest, search for listings on that day in your area and see if it comes up.

Sabina186
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Good idea, thank you!

Sabina186
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yeah, just checked it as if I was a guest - that one day shows as unavailable.