Minimum stay - glitch?

Prew0
Level 2
Long Wittenham, United Kingdom

Minimum stay - glitch?

My listing is set as a minimum stay of 2 nights so I was very surprised to receive an automatic booking for 1 night. Is this a glitch? I have searched the Community Center and found several other reports of this happening. I am trying to contact AirBnB support but so far no reply. I may have to just accept this booking to save my "Super Host" status but really don't want this to be happening. I have had a friend try and book for one night to test it and they haven't been able to to it must be an intermittent fault. Any comments to avoid this happening again would be gratefully received.

1 Reply 1
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Prew0 

There are 3 ways in which your minimum stay may be overridden (assuming you're only using Airbnb's calendar and not managing your calendar through third-party software).

One way is if you have professional tools turned on, and you have created a rule set with a one-night minimum stay that is applied only to certain nights.

The second possibility is that you could have set certain nights of the week to attract different minimum stays. Go to calendar, availability, click minimum nights. You will see the "customise by check-in day" option. Check that one or more days of the week aren't perhaps set to accept 1-night stays.

The third possibility is that you could have created a "custom trip length" for some dates, and that it was set to a 1-night minimum. Custom trip lengths are shown just below maximum nights on the calendar.