Minors instant booked and we want to cancel

Answered!
Hui245
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Minors instant booked and we want to cancel

We have an under 18 guest who instant booked a reservation. Given the Airbnb policy and liability, we’re uncomfortable hosting minors.
What is the  best way to cancel the reservation without penalty? 

FWIW I message Airbnb support 35 hours ago and haven’t heard back. Thank you for your help!

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Hui245 No none under 18 should be able to book or possibly under 25 ,ask the guest for a copy of their ID because it will clearly not be theirs I suspect. ..just send a message to say ,you will not be able to accept IB on this occaison as you have become aware that the person on the reservation and making the booking is under age. spell it out in the messaging before you send the cancellation and explain . as CS will only have the messaging to go on . and them send C>S a message to say that you cancelled ...details.... for the ...following reason and do not expect a penalty.....H

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hui245 you should be able to cancel penalty free online if you are on Instant Book. Just say you are uncomfortable hosting an underage guest.

Thank you for letting us know! @Mike-And-Jane0 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Hui245 No none under 18 should be able to book or possibly under 25 ,ask the guest for a copy of their ID because it will clearly not be theirs I suspect. ..just send a message to say ,you will not be able to accept IB on this occaison as you have become aware that the person on the reservation and making the booking is under age. spell it out in the messaging before you send the cancellation and explain . as CS will only have the messaging to go on . and them send C>S a message to say that you cancelled ...details.... for the ...following reason and do not expect a penalty.....H

Jam5308
Level 2
Washington, DC

Just curious--how did you find out?

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Hui245 

Just cancel it online and give the reasons why, No need to contact Airbnb.

Then set your minimum age,