Misleading description in title/description and no refund

Ashley1643
Level 1
Zeeland, MI

Misleading description in title/description and no refund

I recently booked a listing for an RV that was didn't list in the title that it actually needed to be towed somewhere. In the description, it didn't say that it was absolutely necessary to have a camp site or somewhere else. The description reads "We can deliver within a 25 mile radius of X. Whether you are in need of a place to stay on a relatives property or want to visit a campground, we can accommodate!" I was expecting to be able to stay on the Host's property in this RV without having to take it somewhere thinking that was an option. They have no refunds on the listings. Am I just out of luck? It feels like a scam where people would book this, not be aware that camp sites are full around the area, and then have to cancel, but then since no refunds are allowed, the host can just keep everything.

It also might be important to note that I booked it in the morning, the host messaged me what camp site I'll be staying at and that's when I realized that all the camp sites within the area are booked. 

I did contact support and they basically just stated that i agreed to terms when I made the reservation...

5 Replies 5
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Contact aircover. Airbnb doesn’t support RV rentals that need to be driven or towed, only ones that stay put or a space to park your own RV. 

I tried calling airbnb support and they always tell me it's up to the host's discretion for getting a refund. Even though I pointed out there's no stationary location for the RV. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they will call me tomorrow. Any advice?

@Ashley1643  That is complete BS, and the host should not be allowed to have that listing up on AirBnB. That's really atrocious! 

Keep making a stink. Use the "report this listing" button and keep pursuing a refund with AirBnB. Be the squeaky wheel. BTW, AirBnB will promise to call you, and it will likely never happen. Seriously. 

I can't believe this "host!" This has to be outside of the terms of service for listing a property. Do your best to get this host kicked off of AirBnB!

@Ashley1643 I actually slightly disagree with @Kia272 here. The hosts mistake is minor and I suspect most people would expect to find a campsite for it.

The key sentence for me is:

We can deliver within a 25 mile radius of X. Whether you are in need of a place to stay on a relatives property or want to visit a campground, we can accommodate!"

It would, I agree, be clearer if they said we WILL deliver rather than CAN but even so I think it is clear that the RV needs to go somewhere.

I am surprised though that the host is not being more reasonable and allowing a free cancellation.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Ashley1643 

Did you get a call back from the Supervisor, and what was the outcome if you did?

Be great to hear that this was resolved.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines