Monthly bookings (cancel mid stay)

Connor164
Level 1
Everett, WA

Monthly bookings (cancel mid stay)

I am trying to cancel my long term stay early and I understand that airbnb charges for another 30 days after cancellation. Am I still able to stay at the location since I am paying for those days?

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Connor164 

Yes of course!  You only need to give your host 30 days to change your dates on your original stay and you can leave earlier than scheduled.  Maybe send them a little message so that they are made aware of the change in circumstance but it is done  via your Airbnb reservation and the amount owed is calculated automatically and the host is notified.  

Some hosts are not aware that their original cancellation policy is replaced by Airbnb's long term cancellation policy which is 30 days notice.

If you need more info, look up long term cancellation policy on Airbnb.

All the best 

Joëlle

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Connor164 I am not sure @Joelle43 is correct when she says 'yes of course' to your cancellation question. Its semantics (but possibly important) that you change your stay rather than cancel it. Cancelling suggests to me that you would have to leave. Amending should be OK and is probably automatic based on the info below

Host approvals

If you’re a Host and your guest wants to change their reservation, you’ll need to approve it if:

• It’s before the trip, but less than a month before the end date
  • The trip has started, but it’s less than a month before the end date
  • The guest is changing the start date or extending the reservation

The change may happen automatically if:

• It's before the trip and the reservation is still 28 nights or longer
  • The trip has started, but it’s a month or more until the end date
  • The alteration is initiated by guest
  • The start date is not changed
  • The alteration is made with a month's notice
  • The reservation is not to be extended

@Mike-And-Jane0 Just to be clear, my "yes of course" was my answer to @Connor164 's question as to whether he could stay at the listing during the 30 day notice period