My Czech host is asking me to fill out a migration form

Nadya54
Level 1
Bothell, WA

My Czech host is asking me to fill out a migration form

Hello,

My host in Prague, Czech Republic is asking me to fill out a migration form "in compliance with Czech legal requirements (§ 99 až 102 zákon č. 326/1999 Sb., o pobytu cizinců na území České republiky). We are not allowed to accommodate you unless the migration form is filled out correctly. Non-fulfillment of this legal condition may result in reservation cancellation without reimbursement. Kindly click on the following link and fill out the migration form for each guest individually: https://login.smoobu.com/en/online-check-in/check-in/8f59823cf1eec7ab7d4584071a4fb452dd529081"

The form asks for a lot of personally identifiable information.  I tried searching online, but nothing coherent came up

Is this legit?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1
Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Nadya54 

Maybe you could call the closest Czech consulate to inquire about this form being a legal requirement. Many places in Europe require the hotels to register their guests which include their passport info, where they are coming from, how long they are in the country, etc. You could call Airbnb customer service and ask about this requirement too.