My properties are seeing no reservations all of a sudden!

My properties are seeing no reservations all of a sudden!

My husband and I joined Airbnb on March 1, 2024 and we’re doing relatively well.   Our 2 condos are located in Fort Walton, Beach, Florida.

We have now seen no reservations for almost 2 months.  We have no idea what is happening and why this appears to be happening. We are trying to determine next steps and how to proceed.  We would certainly appreciate any input or suggestions.

Link Listing👉 Condo in Fort Walton Beach · ★4.93 · 3 bedrooms · 2 beds · 1 bath 

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 12.05.13 PM.png

Link Listing 👉 Condo in Fort Walton Beach · ★4.86 · 2 bedrooms · 2 beds · 1 bath 

(Content modified by OCM)

10 Replies 10
Greg2406
Level 9
Rockport, TX

@RK-Coastal-Rentals0 

Check your pricing compared to competitors, also check occupancy.   Look at how many views you have on the property.   Check with local business's to see what is going on, ask them what visitor traffic they are experiencing.     Many times its issues from the algorithms that abb uses.  

Also, and I hate to say this, but the hurricanes and even today, just the threat of another TS or hurricane is going to make perspective Guests hesitant,...I know because we are right on the gulf coast too.  We adjusted our pricing once schools started back up, and it's working. 

Thank you so much for your response!!! 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@RK-Coastal-Rentals0 The other thing sometimes it is just something simple.  All computer searches take into account your maintaining your ad.  It looks at the last saved date, if you haven't made any changes for a long time.  The computer just says old date as opposed to other ads updated recently.

Also look at your insights report are you getting first page displays and then how many views.  Views are someone actually clicking on your listings  Sometimes low views are price but sometimes change cover photo and tweak title. 

People are just liked the computer if they always see your same picture they think old ad

We appreciate your response !!!

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RK-Coastal-Rentals0 😊

I’m sorry about the situation, but I’m glad you’re getting feedback and help from other Hosts!

I would like to share with you a tip to better communicate in the community.

👉Don't forget to mention the Host by typing@ followed by their name so they will know you're replying to them. 

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@RK-Coastal-Rentals0 You get a boost during the first 2 months or so. After that, the search algorithm no longer prioritizes you as much, and eventually you don't get preferential treatment anymore, and need to work as hard for booking as the rest of us. 

Thanks.  I assure you I have been working hard all along but appreciate the feedback 

Kristin1632
Level 1
Kure Beach, NC

1. I would begin with using dynamic pricing software (Pricelabs). 

2. Stay active in your listing to boost algorithm. Change wording, add to your guidebook, change out photos etc.

3. Change cover photo of listing 

Linda4305
Level 1
Green Valley, AZ

I agree with the comments suggesting constantly tweaking your listing to stay closer to the top.

I would also add some art to the walls of the 3 bedroom unit to add more warmth and make it more inviting.

The two bedroom could use better photography. It would be nice if you can show entire rooms so the prospective renters can get a sense of space. 

Since you are new to the platform, I would also suggest keeping your prices a slight bit below the competition until you build up your reviews. 

I hope these ideas help and good luck! 

Leyla72
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

Hi @RK-Coastal-Rentals0

Beautiful place. We love to drive from Toronto,Canada to Walton Beach  Florida one day. We love to try all restaurants you  recommend on your  guide book. Location, decoration is amazing. Price is very reasonable. News here in Canada  there is hurricane warning for Florida  area.  Also if you call customer service they update some data and help you more visible.  I did not know before. I was having difficult time booking master room. I called customer service for advice and I received  few booking requests.  Checking listing everyday, changing some photos and words helped me before. 

I wish you best 🙂