NEED ACTUAL PERSONS QUALIFIED TO HELP...

Steve2584
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

NEED ACTUAL PERSONS QUALIFIED TO HELP...

... WITH THINGS LIKE MY PROBLEM, THAT SUPPORT ISN'T TRAINED TO DO. HOW CAN I GET REAL HELP WITH AN ISSUE THAT IS LIKELY TO BE VERY WIDESPREAD AND DISRUPTIVE FOR AIRBNB? I HAVE REAL EXAMPLES OF A TAX PROBLEM THAT I'VE TRIED TO GET ADDRESSED FOR 5 WEEKS. THERE IS NO WAY THAT MY TAX RECIPIENTS (STATE, ETC) HAVE INCREASED THE TAX DUE FOR BOOKINGS WITH A 599% INCREASE! HOW DOES A BOOKING WITH THE SAME FACTORS, HAVE A TAX CHARGE THAT WAS $79 AND NOW IS $559?? AND THE $559 IS 43% OF THE ACTUAL TOTAL RATE ON THE PLACE. TOTAL OF CHARGES FOR ALL NIGHTS IS $1350 AND THEN A TAX OF $559 IS APPLIED TO THAT AMOUNT!!?? THATS A MAJOR MISTAKE THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF GUESTS ARE BEING WRONGLY CHARGED?? 

3 Replies 3
Bibi33
Level 2
Newburgh, NY

Hi Steve , Its obvious that there is a glitch somewhere. ABNB should review. No where in the USA we pay 43% tax on anything .  Once the phone company charged me $800 .oo for my bill . i went through many agents for one month tirelessly , until one smart lady found out that my bill was coded wrongly for residential billing .  She then adjust my bill and remove the charges.  

Maybe there is a wrong code that was placed on your tax portion and no one seems to figure it out. 

just have them do a detailed search for the wrong code. 

the previous agent insisted that it was my usage on the bill - saying "Maam its your Bill and you have to pay it "

No one wants to do the hard work to research so they will insist its the correct charge. 

you should insist that they find the problem and fix it. 

Steve2584
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

JUST WHAT IS AIRBNB DOING WITH THE OVERAGES THE GUESTS ARE PAYING? WHY ISNT SOMEONE WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM NOW!!?? THIS SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING ELSE THEY'D DO IN HOPES OF ME LEAVING THE PLATFORM. I Totally believe that the site wants no "room" listings on it. They have shown the desire to upset us enough to leave with the camera policy and this huge, incorrect, charge increase will keep people from booking, thus causing us to shut down. Somebody prove me wrong please.