New Airbnb listing also on a Real Estate listing?

Harold229
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

New Airbnb listing also on a Real Estate listing?

Please share insight on a totally new Airbnb listing that I have booked that’s also listed for sale on a real estate site?  
I’m pretty new with Airbnb. 

All posted images exactly same on both sites. 
 I’m pretty new with airbnb. Any advice will be appreciated . 

7 Replies 7
Harold229
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Can I post the link here? 
Or do I sent be email? 
Thanks

Hello @Harold229 

No it's against Airbnb's Terms and Conditions to post a link to a listing that is not owned by you but on the listing you are referring to, you have a red button that says "Contact host".  You'll have to put in dates to send them this request and then write them a message with your concerns.  

This is what Airbnb call "an information request" where it is just that, a guest needing more information from a host without wanting to book and pay beforehand.

Let us know how you get on,

all the best

Joëlle

Thank you Joelle for your reply.  
It turned out that the listing was fraudulent. Host was texting from an @iCloud.com asking for a security deposit of $500 outside of Airbnb.  

Airbnb has now blocked the host. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest you speak to the host you booked with via Airbnb messaging and tell them you have seen their place up for sale and ask them to confirm it will still be available for you to stay at the time of your visit @Harold229 

Thank you Helen for your reply.  
It turned out that the listing was fraudulent. Host was texting from an @iCloud.com asking for a security deposit of $500 outside of Airbnb.  

@Harold229 

Airbnb is a short term rental place, and the word short term defines it. 

When there is a for sale listing on a public website, it usually means it has the potential for accepting offer to purchase. In real estate, especially in north america, a sale transaction can terminate a lease, or keep a lease or renew a lease. For short term rental, it’s not even requiring a written agreement.. 

so short story is, if you don’t want you stay to be interrupted, don’t airbnb lease a for sale property. 

this concept only works for north america. for other continents, i have no idea. 

Thank you Mary for your reply.